The Van Hire Specialists

Commonly Asked Questions About Van Hire.

Just click on the question below:

Car hire, answers to common questions.

How old do I need to be to drive one of your vehicles?

Answer: You need to be aged between 23 and 70 and held a full license for at least 2 years. However for people carriers, drivers must be between 25 and 70 and have driven for at least 5 years.

What sort of license do I need to hire a vehicle?

Answer: A National license from your country of residence is needed to rent our vehicles. If the license is not printed in the Roman alphabet an International Driving Permit (IDP) is also required. An IDP can only be used in conjunction with a National License. Most licenses cover you to drive Cars up to 8 seats and up to a 3.5 Tonne Vans. As we do not have any Automatic vehicles you must have a License to cover Manual Vehicles .

Back to questions?

Can I still rent if I have points on my license?

Answer: In most cases this is not a problem, but please have the details of any endorsements available at the time of booking to enable us to assess any extra charges due. The extra charges would normally be covered by an increase in deposit and / or excess.

Can I use my credit card for my van hire requirements?

Answer: We take payment on most major Credit or Debit cards ,Switch and Electron.

What do your prices include?

Answer: Our prices include fully comprehensive insurance with an excess, breakdown cover for the UK and VAT . Extra charges are applied if the vehicle is taken outside of the UK Mainland

Back to questions?

Can I put more than 1 driver on the insurance?

Answer: There is a small extra charge for additional drivers who must produce their license at the time of hire they must also meet our insurance criteria and fill in an additional drivers form before being authorised to drive.

What documents are required to enable me to hire a vehicle?

Answer: You will need your driving license , (In the case of the new Photo license you must bring both parts) together with two other forms of I.D. one of which must be dated within the last 3 months and include your current address. EG Utility Bill , Bank/credit card statement. Plus Payment for the hire together with the deposit.

Is it possible to take the vehicle abroad?

Answer: We allow some of our vehicles to travel overseas. We need to know where you will be going and how long for so that we can arrange additional breakdown cover and insurance. Additional documentation is necessary to be carried with the vehicle when traveling outside UK Mainland this will be provided at the commencement of hire.

Back to questions?

What happens if I have a breakdown?

Answer: All our vehicles have 24hour-breakdown and recovery service. In the event of breakdown you should contact the number on the rental agreement.

What happens if I have an accident?

Answer: We just need you to make sure everybody is OK and call an ambulance and or police if required, take details of who was involved and what happened, try to obtain independent witnesses and then call the breakdown service if you need recovering. An accident report form will have to be completed for the insurance company as soon as practical. Failure to complete an accident report at one of our offices within reasonable time could incur you with significant charges relating to the accident.

Back to questions?

What do I do about fuel?

Answer: All our vehicles are full of fuel at collection and we charge a refuel charge for refueling if not returned full.

Can I have the vehicle from one of your branches and return it elsewhere in the country?

Answer: We cannot offer one-way rentals.

For more information please contact us, thank you.

Need a quote for <?php echo $page_query['meta_title'];?>?